Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

this has been discussed here before but i'm bringing it back up for more h8t.

okay i get it! it's a daunting task to have to choose between the hundreds of ukuleles that are available out there. there are many things to consider when choosing a uke: brands, sizes, laminate or solid, cutaway or no cutaway. it's a tough decision narrowing it down to which ukulele you want to drop your hard earned money on. so you want complete strangers' opinions on which uke you should buy, fair enough.

BUT......

after wading through (and ignoring) all the varied advice and making a final decision on a uke that you probably would have picked without all the input, you now are unsure of which color to get. so you ask the public for their help....their help on picking a color. really? can't even pick your own color?!!?

"yeah yeah, i know it's all personal preference, but which color should i get?"

does momma tie your shoes too?

5 comments:

Grumpy Coyote said...

Yeah - I get the "what do you think of this thing I'm thinking of buying" questions - validation and all, understandable. Especially for new folks.

But the "pick one for me" stuff is crazy.

I particularly loved the "which color amp" question last week. Not only does it not matter, but it was a practice/bedroom amp. Now that's indecision of the highest order.

Adelle the Great said...

My brain hurts trying to express my hatred in a polite yet informative manner:

What the f*ck happened to reading reviews?! That's the first thing you should do, especially if you're a beginner. Yes it is valid to wonder- but crap can't these people keep any thoughts inside their heads? Must every passing idea be posted onto the interwebz?

And then- THEN- these people, they never seem to pick what was recommended, & they pshaw away any negative comments about something they prefer- the thing they were thinking about buying in the first place- which is what they eventually buy. Really they don't want advice. They want to go "Hey! Look how cool I am! Look what I'm getting!" & they want everyone to agree.

If someone were to really let their uke be picked out for them, all details, by random interwebz people (however nice & ukable the advisors may be) that gives me the impression that that person has no confidence in themselves & very little self esteem. Sad to think.

Did someone really ask about amp color? Did anyone have the balls to respond with "I don't know... what color DO YOU F*CKING LIKE?!?!" ::sigh:: It's not that I'm avoiding all the good people on UU- it's just that threads like that are Adelle-repelent.

DeG said...

Why do you think I spend more time on this blog than at UU anymore? Just need to get away from that inane crap sometimes. I Still love UU and all, but I can only take so much of that.

Anonymous said...

I was letting my mom tie my shoes, but then I noticed she was choosing gangland colors, trying to get me into trouble. I tie my own shoes now, thank you.

Grumpy Coyote said...

LOL, DoN - That made coffee shoot out of my nose.

I may cut and paste that into the next "what color" thread.

Post a Comment