Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Pronounced Oooookooooolaylay.

I haven't bitched, I mean "blogged" in a while, so I've been holding a lot inside. But "DearOldNutjob" made a comment on Russell's last blog which brought up something that's been bugging me for a long time. That is the "....it's pronounced ____" thing. As in her name is Sade but "it's pronounced" Sharrday. Or his name is Favre, but it's pronounced Farv. WTF? Here is a good one...Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski....Mike What? Well duh, its pronounced Sha-chef-ski. Well I'm not playing that game anymore. To me, Sade will always rhyme with "made."


BTW....My name is Kevin, but it's pronounced "Bite me".

5 comments:

RussBuss said...

Great post Klevin!

The Jules said...

An ookoolalay sounds like something an orangutan would play.

Ook.

I really want to see that . . .

Anonymous said...

I have a similar beef with words like "indictment" and "victuals." I rarely use them, for fear of saying them wrong. Btw, my name DearOldNutjob is actually pronounced Donut.

UKISOCIETY said...

And "often" is pronounced "offen" not "Off-ten"
Time to go soften my hands..

benmealer said...

i've reported this to the word police and they will be paying you a visit to straighten you out.

Post a Comment