Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Motel Buss


So tomorrow, we'll be hosting ukulele players again.  It's time to change the sheets, scrub the toilet, hide the guns, etc.  Including this upcoming weekend, we will have played host to more than 10 different ukulele players here in Casa de Corserdog this year alone.  This isn't a complaint post, I find it really neat that because of this whole ukulele community thing, we have the opportunity to get close and personal with ukulele players from all over the states (and the world).  As a host, I always wonder what kind of things I should do to prepare for our guests.  Are there special foods I need to stock up on?  Specific liquors?  *ahem* herbs?

So I was at the supermarket today wandering the aisles thinking about what I could stock up on.  I skip past the frozen pizzas because I figure we can just order a pizza for delivery if we get hungry.  I bypass the beer aisle because alcohol is the devil.  Big bag of chicken parts?  Nah, too much work to clean the grill.  Well all I ended up buying was a box of Cheez-Its.  Everybody loves Cheez-Its right?  I mean, it's un-American not to.  I figure that cheese snacks and tap water will make our house one step above a youth hostel, and that's all we ever need to aim for right?

8 comments:

Boozelele said...

I'm not knocking your hosting skills, I mean I was lucky enough to take advantage of the Corserhaus hospitality on more than one occasion. But Cheese-its alone may not be enough for these high-class Hawaiians. May I suggest some Spam-infused vodka to make them feel more at home? Just an idea.

Baron said...

While in Thzan Franthzithzco I would think some peeeenk thzampaaaaaaine might be in order...

Grumpy Coyote said...

Cheez-its and gin have fueled many a good time with this crew.

As I sit here, once again imposing on your good will and fine home, I can't think of a better friend. One who not only puts up with our shit - but buys us cheese-it's and gin.

Cheers to you innkeeper, and you may want to wait before you use your bathroom...

DeG said...

Check http://www.zippys.com/ Maybe dey hav da kine free delivery? Ono you know?

Or else, you can dig one emu is da back yard for one Hawaiian kine luau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMnWr_wiIck

If all else fails, go back and get da beer. 'cause when I going stay Hale Corser we going have one beer, brah. (or 2)

Unknown said...

Ukulele is the new lindy hop. I say that because the lindy hop community started hosting huge "exchanges" back in the late '90s and part of that is hosting (if you are a local) or couch surfing (out of towners). Back when I started doing this in college, I thought it was weird but it grew on me. It is a completely cool thing. I like the fact that it is starting to bridge over to a different crowd/thing.

~DB

Adelle the Great said...

Youth hostel? Uke hostel!

Ha!

Okay that was bad. I apologize.

HaileISela said...

that would be herb for me... If only I had the money to go to the states again...

we could have a massive blues (whistle) session^^

Anonymous said...

Best hotel I stayed in this year. Of course, the dressing up like your mother and surprising me in the shower was a little much, but at least it wasn't a real knife. Thanks for the hospitality!

Post a Comment