Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ukulele Fashion Sense



We are all aware of how popular the ukulele has become recently. It seems that everyone plays them now (or wants to). But don't worry guys, it's just a fad. Things like this come into fashion all the time...and then die out just as quickly. Douche-bag hats (see previous post) are in now, but pork-pie hats were in once, ten gallon hats, derby's, panamas, boaters, fedoras, even truckers hats have been popular. Just think of styles like the mullet, bell-bottom jeans, hot pants, parachute pants, Nehru jackets, and baggy pants. Some styles come full circle...beards were really popular in the 60's, then mustaches in the 70's, then goatees in the 80' and 90's, then shaved heads, now beards are back. One thing you can count on is that popular styles will come and go....and years from now, everyone will make fun of today's styles. Just like we do about past styles.

But here's the best part. Somewhere along the line tattoos and body piercings became a fashion statement. And guess what Ms. 20-something hipster.....someday you will be Mrs. 40-something-slightly overweight soccer mom....only you'll have full sleeve tats, giant stretched out earlobes, and scars from all your face piercings! The only evidence of me with long hair, a mustache and bell-bottom jeans is a couple old photographs....but you'll be living that shit everyday...for the rest of your life. What seemed like a good style sense back in 2007, is now permanently stained on your body. Way to go.

So to all you guys jumping on the ukulele band wagon, wear your goofy hat, dress in period clothing, put the harp rack around your neck, strap some cymbals between your knees, stomp on a tambourine, stick a kazoo up your ass, go crazy, have fun with it. But seriously, don't get one tattooed on the side of your neck. It's a BAD idea.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Shaved heads and tattoos are gay.

Grumpy Coyote said...

1) Not sure how you got my mullet picture.
2) What I do with my kazoo is my business.
3) Slightly overweight? Only if she's lucky.

That said, I like bad tattoos... Like the hats below, and the self promoting posts mentioned below that, they help us identify the douchenozzles.

I'm thinking of getting a Boozelele tattoo on my neck. And by "neck", I mean my kazoo holder.

RussBuss said...

"JC Penney Chic" will never go out of style. that's what i keep telling myself anyway.

the cool thing about having a pretty lady tattoo'd on your body? she plumps up as you plump up.

Baron said...

I'm a bearded, tattooed, overweight, ukulele playing, hat wearing, 40-something soccer dad. As far as fashion goes, I guess I'm fucked...

benmealer said...

of course ukulele neck tattoos are whack. what if it was more subtle? something like a quartet of tuning pegs coming off the back of your head (or a couple on each side of the neck like frankenstein?)

DeG said...

Booze, I'm sorry, I can't take my eyes off the tattooed hottie long enough to read your post. Can you find out if she is into ukuleles and Star Trek for me?

RussBuss said...

@DeG: yes, the Baron likes Star Trek.

UKISOCIETY said...

Neck tatoos scream out "I'm not too bright!" to me. I keep my tatoos in a drawer. Just peel and stick 'em!

Adelle the Great said...

High five, Russ- good one.

Excellent post, Boozerella. I'm patiently awaiting the day that parachute pants come back in style.

Post a Comment