Saturday, September 26, 2009

Were you even listening?

Requests. Love em, or hate em?

There seems to be a few different types of requests, or people that make requests.

Group 1: the email is something like this "OMG Can you play 'Hey There Buttercup, I'm Yours Baby (drop)?' because I looove that song thanks okay bye you're really good n stuff!"

::sigh:: I hate you all.

Group 2: Semi readable email... with a head scratching closer. "I was wondering if you take requests, and if so, could you possibly do 'Girl You Know It's True' by Milli Vanilli?"

What? Have you even been listening? Watch any of my vids? Am I on Candid Camera?

The third group isn't funny. It's the regular commmenters & listeners that actually request a doable song that you can hear yourself in. For the most part, I write these down then forget about them for about 3 months. At that point, I remember, feel guilty, and promptly forget again. By the time I get around to them I'm pretty sure it's a complete surprise to the requester. But I do keep the list... and I will get to em all someday.

5 comments:

Mugambismonkey said...

There are also the "share-tuning-&-chords-requests"! Like this one: "beautifully played, astounding voice. care to share your tuning and tabs/chords?"
Which I find most funny if the song only has 2 different chords or if the entire lyrics + chords are already in the description...

Boozelele said...

I love the simple "tabs please." If it takes too long to ask a full question, it certainly takes too long to look up chords on the internet....like I did.

Grumpy Coyote said...

Hahhah... So you are going to do "girl you know its true" right?

RussBuss said...

ha, at least people ask you with "please". i just get "gimme tabs".

sorry but i'm fresh out of tabs right now. i got a pocket full of fuckyous that i'd love to hand out though.


and adelle, sorry for requesting milli vanilli. i won't do it again. (hangs head in shame, but secretly smiling on the inside)

Unknown said...

The requests I get are usually - "die" or "please never sing again"

T__T

Post a Comment