Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Earworm driving me nuckin futs!


so there have been many times of uncertainty in my life. you know those moments where you really have to sit and think about your feelings, wants, ambitions. this requires the kind of introspective thinking and self reflection that only a walk around a pond or wooded area with your hands clasped behind your back as you gaze thoughtfully at birds and shit can provide. deep thoughts, like should i be a shark or a jet? was i more attracted to Sandy before or after her Pink Ladies sluttification in Grease the movie? should i spend anymore money here in this strip club? So many questions unanswered.

so all that rambling leads me to my most recent question. when you get an earworm to an annoying song that you can't stand, does that mean you secretly like the song? i've often wondered how shitty songs have a way of embedding themselves in your head like so many parasitic wrath of khan brain worms and then have you humming along like a possessed retard. i mean just the other day, i heard some Colbie Caillet song on the radio, and i switched the station immediately, but the song kept going on in my head. i knew the goddamn melody! i had heard it somewhere before, maybe the mall, maybe at applebees, maybe this here strip club, but wherever it was, it was enough so that i know the melody and now it's been stuck in my head. so now i'm asking myself, do i really like this song? but it's not a Kelly Clarkson song, so i can't like it right? has anybody successfully removed an earworm with an icepick? earhole enema? shotgun blast?

ah f*ck my life, i'm going to go hum that song while i wash the dishes now.

6 comments:

Adelle the Great said...

Shift key be damned, this was a great post!

If this principle is correct, I love Buttercup, Freeze Frame, & (thanks to Deach) Goodbye to You. You can all break up with me now, I understand.

Eric Cartman showed us all the only way to get a shitty song out of our heads- sing it in it's entirety.

UKISOCIETY said...

I"M SAILING AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!....

UKISOCIETY said...

When I get an earworm, I sing "Seasons in the Sun". Kills it right away. Fight fire with fire, I say.

Of course, the 200 versions of SITS that Ken Middleton did almost destroyed the effectiveness of that.

Boozelele said...

Now I have SITS stuck in my head...thanks a lot Alan.

Boozelele said...

And wasn't Olivia Newton John in her mid forties when Grease was made? And while I'm on the subject I really liked Frenchy, remember when she was in that kids show about the train, with George Carlin? She was cute!!!

Mugambismonkey said...

I had to listen to my girl-friend playing FarmVille on Facebook all the time. These melodies are tricky bastards, they have followed me around for days!! The only thing that really helped was asking her to turn off the sound...

Post a Comment